If you do not have Skype. Here are the easy instructions for Skype:
1) You can use your computer’s speakers and microphone, but you may want to get a headset for you computer and learn how to plug it in (pink is for microphone and pale green for headphones). They can cost about $20 for a decent one. Headsets may stop echo when you are actually talking to someone.
2) Go to Skype and download your free program for your computer – yes they have for Macs and Linux too. This link is for Windows, but you can find for Macs easy enough: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/
3) You will be asked if you want to Run the file, choose Run
4) When finished installing, set up your Skype account using their instructions. Choose a name – usually they will give you choices of availability.
5) Be sure to use their Echo/Sound Test Service by clicking on it and pressing Call. This tests that your audio speakers and microphone or headset are functioning properly. Use their test system before trying a call.
6) Try a call with a friend. You can find freinds by doing a search using their email. Do give the person a head’s up that you will calling first.
7) If there are any glitches at first you can instant message on the screen provided to say things like… “I can see you, but I can’t hear you. Is your microphone turned on?”
8) You do not have to use your camera, many computers have it built in, but if you don’t want to have your image looked at while you talk, just don’t use it or disconnect it using the buttoms provided.
It is really easy. You’ll wonder why you spent all that money on long distance charges, etc.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-30637271-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);